Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Baby, it's COLD outside!

So, I live in NE Florida.... and it can get kinda cold here during the winter months (yeah, can you believe THAT?  We get winter here sometimes!)  and it's been freakin' cold for waaaaaaaaaaaay too long.  We've been consistently getting frost for a few days again, and it was like this for a couple of weeks last month too.  Most of our nights have been below 40, some below 30 since the beginning of January.  Now, I don't know about y'all, but I live in Florida for a reason - NO COLD!!!!  (Okay, well, two reasons, I was born here and don't want to leave.)  I love the heat, I love the sun, I love being outside in the warmth and being able to wear flip-flops and shorts.  I HATE having to wear a jacket and socks with my shoes.  I'm sick of this weather!  These days, it seems since I lost about 30 pounds, I don't have that nice fluffy layer of insulation to keep me warm, so I'm constantly cold.  Right now, my feet are like ice cubes.  I'm tired of not being able to go for my jogs because the cold air and wind makes my eyes water, thus making my nose run, and then it's hard to breathe right while running.  I want to work out in the yard, plant some flowers, mow the grass, see some GREEN again!  I hate walking my daughter to the bus stop and it being only 37° outside.  I just don't like it.  I'd settle for high 60s for temps right now even... I can lay in my hammock in the sun in high 60s and be comfortable and happy.  Yeah, that's what I'm wishing for this week.... high 60s, sun and time in the hammock.  Y'all can keep Old Man Winter up North... we only want him down here for that Red and Green holiday so we can wear the obligatory holiday sweater without sweating to death.  :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment