Thursday, February 18, 2010

But I don't wanna get out of bed.....

I spent most of the day yesterday in bed.  I was watching TV and I was freezing all day, so it seemed a perfect place to be... all warm and comfy.  I even ate pizza in bed.  Eventually, I fell asleep while waiting for Tom to come to bed.  I made myself get out of bed to go supervise Emily while she did her homework around 6 and to make sure she ate dinner, then I fell asleep on the couch again.  I woke a bit before 9, and crawled back into bed, where I managed to stay until 5:45 am this morning.  Normally, I only spend so much time in bed when I am sick.  Right now, I just don't want to deal with anything, so bed is my escape because nobody really bothers me when I am in there.  It's like being on "base" when you're playing tag and nobody can touch me, I'm "safe" in there.  I'm even safer when Tom is in there with me, with his arms around me.  It's like everything else just disappears and all's right with the world.  I just wish that feeling could stay with me when I walk out the bedroom door.

No comments:

Post a Comment