Saturday, May 22, 2010

Another one of the small things that makes me happy....

....about Tom.  (Yeah yeah, but I can't help it!)  Some things just strike me as something to put here; things that put a smile on my face or make me think a bit, and this is one of them.

Tom gets up and helps me pick up around the house.  Yesterday, I decided it was time to do a sweep around the house, and while I was washing up some dishes in the kitchen, Tom walked around the house, picking up stuff and putting it away for me. If he was unsure of where something went or who it belongs to, he asks, but he got the majority of the assorted stuff that littered the floor and tables to where it all belongs.  I didn't ask him to, he didn't ask me if I needed help - he just did it.  I just don't understand why other people can't do that every once in a while.- just HELP instead of watching or asking the rhetorical question of whether or not I need help.  Of course I don't NEED help.  But sometimes, it's nice to have someone else step up and just jump in when they see me cleaning around the house.  Tom is good about pitching in without my having to ask him to, and I appreciate it more than he knows.  It's one of the many things that sets him apart from every other man I've ever encountered in my life and one of the reasons I fall deeper in love with him every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment