Monday, May 24, 2010

Hangin' with my BFF

Had a positively awesome time with my BFF of about 11 years and her family yesterday.  We hung out, played some pool volleyball, had some burgers and brews and just had FUN.  I have missed having FUN for so long now... Shelly and I used to hang out all the time, and we always had a good time.  Things got screwy for a while during my second marriage and she and I drifted apart (I won't go into all that) but we're back to the way things are supposed to be now and I couldn't be happier about it.  I'm especially thankful that Tom and Shelly get along very well and that I don't have to worry about being in the middle of the sour feelings that I was in the previous relationship. I missed her, I missed her family, and I missed being around them.  It was hard to go from seeing them all at least once a week for an afternoon, to going months without even talking.  I'm just glad the darker days are behind us and we're back to being "right" again.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment