Sunday, May 30, 2010

To look for a new job or not to look for a new job....

So, lately I've been doing a lot of thinking, and I know I probably need to get a second job to catch up on everything.... but there's a couple of new things in my head that make me think I should ditch my current job (which I LOVE) and get a job during the day, so I can be home at night with the kids.  Part of me thinks this won't make much of a difference since I can't control the kids ALL the time anyway, and it's mainly my teenager that is the one that is making me rethink my hours with some of the things I suspect of him, but still...

There's a lingering feeling that maybe it's time to give up doing what I enjoy doing and bite the bullet and do something that has me working regular hours for a bit better pay (but will most assuredly be something I HATE doing, like office work).  I am really, REALLY torn on what to do here.  This is the first job I've had that I didn't want to call in sick all the time for, that I don't dread going in every night to, and that I have lasted for longer than a year at (working with Lee doesn't count).  If I could work in a non-customer filled area, and keep moving most of the time lifting and manually working during the daytime, I'd be perfectly happy working somewhere else.  It's hard to find a job though that fits the bill that I've created.  I guess I'm just not destined to be happy either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment